... I Just Don't Feel Like Growing Up

If you've ever thought about packing up the car and taking off for places you've never seen, well, you can do it! Of course, this involves quitting your job, moving to another state and living off of your savings (and answering your parents' questions on "When exactly do you plan on growing up?") but it's healthier than trying out for Survivor and less likely to give you a transmissible disease than sleeping with a 21 year old unemployed musician (mmm... drummers). Anyway, this blog is about my upcoming Western States/Parks road trip in May 2011. If you have input, insight, advice, or have an extra couch and washer/dryer which you would enjoy being occupied by a smelly, semi-homeless 37 year old woman, then I'd like to hear from you!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Books are on the way... and the last week of work!

Good stuff is happening this week - it's my last week of work (thus the no posting for the last month.. busy). I'm still in planning for the big ole GTFO party this weekend. Some of my friends are getting a replica of this cake for me, and potentially some male strippers dressed like policemen ("Oooo, officer, yes I have been such a bad girl..."). Okay, so I'm mostly excited about the cake.



One person mentioned that the last male stripper they hired was slathered in vanilla scented lotion. Really? Since when do male strippers aspire to smell like cupcakes?

I picked up two books for the road trip: Road Trip USA and National Geographic's Guide to the National Parks. Turns out there's a thing called the America the Beautiful Pass, which allows you access to all of the national parks for a year. It costs $80, so I'll have to decide if it's worth purchasing, especially since I plan on visiting 8 or so parks.

  If anyone knows of a good source for diners/restaurants/taco trucks along the way, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment