... I Just Don't Feel Like Growing Up

If you've ever thought about packing up the car and taking off for places you've never seen, well, you can do it! Of course, this involves quitting your job, moving to another state and living off of your savings (and answering your parents' questions on "When exactly do you plan on growing up?") but it's healthier than trying out for Survivor and less likely to give you a transmissible disease than sleeping with a 21 year old unemployed musician (mmm... drummers). Anyway, this blog is about my upcoming Western States/Parks road trip in May 2011. If you have input, insight, advice, or have an extra couch and washer/dryer which you would enjoy being occupied by a smelly, semi-homeless 37 year old woman, then I'd like to hear from you!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

IT BEGINS!! Day One - The Westward 'Ho

Day One
 - Distance = 843 mi
 - Elevation = 1224 ft
 - Song of the Day = "City Livin'" by G. Love

Today was the longest day of driving (not counting the same thing on the way back)- 14+ hours, including numerous puke stops for the carsick dog. So instead of boring you with pointless stories (although I did meet an amusingly and alarmingly drunk elderly couple at a rest stop in Leavenworth, Kansas... they were driving from Montreal to Vegas and boy they didn't look a day over 93. They kept trying to give me bottles of water - do I look dehydrated or something?) In any case, I will let the pictures speak for themselves...
Yep, getting onto the highway.

Meh.

Double Meh. If you see dog puke all over the side of I-70 in Illinois, blame Sadie.

The blind cat is serving as the navigator (good thing the road atlas comes in Braille!). "Mom, make sure you get on 270 around St. Louis, or you'll wind up downtown setting a new world's record for dropping F-bombs!"

I usually manage to screw up and wind up in downtown St. Louis. I've seen the arch and would prefer to skip it...

You got on the right road... good job!

The bits on either end are okay. The middle, not so much.

Car-sick + acepromazine = better living through chemistry

That says "Welcome to Kansas. We are so sorry you have to drive across this state".

Kitteh no make good airbag

They gift-wrapped my toilet. Thanks, Ho-Jo's!

Ribbon cutting ceremony: "I now proclaim this toilet open for business!"

Coming tomorrow... Kansas to Colorado! I can't wait to drive across Kansas!!!!! (this would be sarcasm, BTW)

5 comments:

  1. Umm, driving and taking photos much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbon cutting ceremony! Don't die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not actually looking... just kind of waving the camera around and clicking the button multiple times. I had no idea what I managed to take until I stopped (and edited/cropped/recolored the photos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holt shit, I didn't know you were road tripping with all of your animals!! that certianly adds to the 'fun' especially the smell of the litter box!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resent the "double meh" about Illinois!

    ReplyDelete